The Holy Grail of DUIs in Illinois – the “2018 Illinois DUI Fact Book” was released in January, and many citizens are still completely unaware of the changes. Here are some details published by BIZJOURNALS.COM in March. Let’s see if you’re as up to snuff on Illinois Laws as you think you are.
Did you know?:
• There is zero tolerance for any amount of alcohol in drivers under 21 (In other words, a blood alcohol content of .01 would be enough to convict a driver under 21 of DUI.) The same goes for school bus drivers.
• Commercial Driver’s License holders are considered legally drunk if their BAC is 0.04 or higher
• Passenger Car, Truck and Van Drivers 21 years old or older are legally drunk at 0.08 or higher
• A typical male (approx. 170 pounds) reaches a BAC of .08 after just four drinks in a one hour period; a typical female (137 pounds) reaches a BAC of .08 after just three drinks in one hour
• The typical person arrested for DUI in Illinois is a 34-year-old man arrested between 11 pm and 4 am on a weekend night, with a BAC of .16 — twice the legal limit
• 272 people were killed in alcohol-related crashes in Illinois in 2016, approximately 25% of the total number of crash fatalities
• 29,528 Illinois residents were arrested for DUI in 2016; 86% were first offenders
Those were adjustments and changes. Here are the NEW Illinois DUI Laws that 2018 brought:
• The Secretary of State will be notified whenever someone is convicted of or received a court supervision for operating a watercraft or snowmobile while impaired by alcohol or drugs
• Enhanced penalties apply upon conviction for driving with a revoked license if the license was revoked for aggravated DUI that resulted in a death
COSTS OF A TYPICAL ILLINOIS DUI
The cost of a DUI in the State of Illinois can be extreme. Legal fees, Court Costs which typical start well over $5000.00, and then “high risk” insurance, BAIID equipment fees, license re-instatement, vehicle repair… in short… the cost can be crippling. Averages are reported in the upwards of $20,000.00 and more.
At Quintana Law Group, we know your rights, and we will help you get your driving privileges restored. You don’t have time for anything but the most honest advice, and best quality representation. Contact Quintana Law Group today to discuss any questions you have regarding defense for DUI charges, License Reinstatement, or any other legal concerns.
To download a complete copy of the 2018 DUI Factbook, click the link below: