Illinois Drivers License Reinstatement – Fee PaymentsLeave a Comment
Quintana Law Group is dedicated to providing you with the most up to date information and resources regarding your DUI defense or License Reinstatement Process. Understanding Fee amounts and fee deadlines required by the State of Illinois are critical aspects of meeting the requirements for successful license reinstatement. The following information was sourced from https://www.cyberdriveillinois.com. Please contact Martin Quintana at the Quintana Law Group in regards to your Illinois Drivers License Reinstatement or DUI proceedings.
Driver’s License Reinstatement Fees
Please make certain the Driver Services Department has your most current mailing address. Without your current address, they will be unable to mail you important information regarding your driving status. If you have a new address, please change your address before paying your reinstatement fee. Address Change
All reinstatement fees must be paid prior to issuance of a new Driver’s License. The process would be halted or aborted if fines are not cleared in that period.
Applicants will leave the facility with a temporary, secure paper driver’s license, which is valid for 90 days and will serve as their DL/State ID for driving purposes and proof of identification. The temporary, secure paper driver’s license will contain a photo and the basic information that appears on the permanent driver’s license or state ID card. In addition, the facility employee will return the old DL/State ID card back to the applicant.
To Pay Reinstatement Fees Online
- You must owe a reinstatement fee that is listed below.
- You must have a valid Visa, MasterCard, Discover or American Express credit card.
- A 2.35% fee (minimum of $1.00) will be assessed for all credit card transactions.
Types of Reinstatement Fees Accepted
Illinois State is currently accepting electronic payment for reinstatement fees for the following driver’s license suspensions and revocations:
- Discretionary Suspension (Traffic Related Suspension) — $70 fee — Payment of this reinstatement fee can only be processed ten (10) days prior to the termination date of suspension.
- Failure to Appear in Court Suspension (Court Related Suspension) — $70 fee — Payment of this reinstatement fee can only be processed if this office has received written proof that you have satisfied the courts requirements.
- Family Responsibility (DHFS or Court Ordered Child Support Suspension) — $70 fee for each Suspension
- Field Sobriety Suspension — (First Offense) — $250 fee owed for each Suspension
- Field Sobriety Suspension — (Multiple Offense) — $500 fee owed for each subsequent Suspension
- Mandatory Insurance Conviction Driver’s License Suspension — $100 fee for each Suspension. Please note that this reinstatement fee is for your driver’s license suspension. You may also owe a mandatory insurance fee for your license plate suspension. You will be required to contact Vehicle Services to pay that fee. Please refer to your correspondence from Vehicle Services for instructions.
- Parking/Tollway/Automated Traffic Suspension (Municipality/Tollway Authority Violation Suspension) — $70 fee — Payment of this reinstatement fee can only be processed if this office has received Notice of Final Disposition from the Municipality or Tollway Authority.
- Revocations — $500 fee for each Revocation — Payments of this Reinstatement fee can only be processed if we have received a “reinstatement recommendation” from our Administrative Hearing Department and this office has received your SR22 Insurance certificate or out of state insurance waiver.
- Safety Responsibility (Uninsured Accident Administrative Suspension) — $70 fee for each Suspension
- Solicitation of Towing Suspension — $100 fee for each Suspension
- Statutory Summary Suspension — (DUI Related/Implied Consent First Offense) — $250 fee for the first Suspension
- Statutory Summary Suspension — (DUI Related Multiple Offenses) — $500 fee for each subsequent Suspension
- Unsatisfied Judgment (Uninsured Accident Court Ordered Suspension) — $70 fee for each Suspension
- Zero Tolerance Suspension — (Alcohol Related for Individuals under 21 years of age) — $70 fee for each Suspension
For More information regarding License Reinstatement or fees associated with License Reinstatement in Illinois, please visit Quintanalawgroup.com.